Designing your bathroom can be an exciting task to do. You spend time thinking of the kinds of bathroom fixtures to use, what color scheme you are going to follow, and what kind of accessories and small details can add character to your bath. But sometimes when you are faced with a bare and empty bathroom, you have no idea where you are going to start. A lot of people consider the bathroom as a very private place where one can feel relaxed or invigorated. The right bathroom design can help in achieving moods in your bathroom. It is important that you know how to choose the right design for you. Here are ways and tips on how to decide which color pattern and design to choose for your bath.
- Start with your personal taste. Do love sea foam green? Have you always been attracted to pastel colors? Are you the type of person who would go for neutrals? Do you respond strongly to walls that are yellow? Remember that you are the one who’s going to use the bathroom frequently so you have to like the colors that you are going to use.
- Know which colors can create certain moods. Warm tones such as terra cotta can be uplifting. Brown and cream can create a cozy feel. Tones of green can be relaxing. Orange and white can bring life to your space. Black, white, and red can be stylish.
- If you want to go for an all white scheme, think again. It can be cold and boring. If you insist on following this scheme, add a dash of color though accessories such as vanities and rugs.
- Cool and monochromatic colors can make a small bathroom appear bigger. Cool tones, especially in lighter shades, tend to make the room feel larger and more open. When you use monochromatic tones, there are no breaks when it comes to color continuity, therefore giving the illusion that the space is not so small.
- It is important to have good lighting in achieving an inviting bathroom. You can use a kind of lighting that can change settings so that you can choose if you want turn up the light or to tone it down. Lighting can set the right mood you want to attain for your bathroom.
- Know your budget. It is difficult to stay true to your concept if there are money restraints. Tiles, paint, bathroom fixtures, and lights can cause a serious dent on your pocket especially if you want to make use of the best products and items available. Figure out how much you are willing to spend so it is easier to draw the line when designing.
- Save images of designs that you saw in the Internet or magazines. You can incorporate some of the designs that you want and add personal touches here and there to create a design that is truly yours. Take samples of paint colors as well so that you can see the hues up close.